Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hotter than a two dollar pistol..

Baby, I'm on fire.

Thursday has historically been one of my favorite days of the week. It typically includes something from the following list: happy hours, Jersey Shore, and... most importantly... hair day.

Now, if you know me at all you know about my hair. Ok, ok I am addicting to shoes. Maybe I have a slight problem when it comes to jewelry. But I 100% am obsessed with my hair.

I get my hair done every 5-6 weeks on the dot. I have had long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight hair. Brown hair, blonde hair, black hair, red hair. I bounce between conservative styles/colors, and funky, fierce and edgy. I have had my whole head one color, and peek-a-boos in most shades of the rainbow (never green, though..hm..). Each time I visit my homegirl Aly at Blonde Ambition (yes-I am plugging), we change it up. Drastically.

More recently, I have had a simple wedge haircut (ala Victoria Beckham), and have gradually been getting lighter, which is always an adventure. Today, we made the decision that it's time to grow. And to go BLONDE. Holy hannah, I am blonde. And I plan to have more fun. Including maybe finding myself a tan, and officially declaring Wednesday night "date night".

Wednesday will henceforth be a dark day online - and tt and I will be having a nice little evening together sans technology. No TV, no computers, no iPad, no cell phones. Last night, I made a delicious little stir fry and we sat outside. We typically eat dinner on the couch, in front of the tube, but we instead sat out on the deck, enjoyed the weather, and were forced to actually talk to each other!!! Crazy, I know. Is it weird that it gave me warm fuzzies? Probably.

With technology, busy schedules, and everyone being go go go all the time, I don't think people spend enough time together, and it was just really nice. (We did end up coming in to canoodle on the couch and watch the end of the volleyball game, though. Go USA!)

And, on that note: Blondes have more fun and I think everyone should have a dark day each week. Only good can come from either :)

Recipe of the day:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment