Monday, August 6, 2012

Death by sushi

Happy Monday lovelies!  And what a Monday it has been.
5:15 AM - Alarm goes off. "Because running is a better wake up than coffee"

5:30 AM - I am out the door. Feeling great, other than the humidity that apparently never went away from yesterday. Week 2, Workout 1 of the C25k workout plan.

6:00 AM - I literally almost pass out. I don't know if I didn't hydrate myself appropriately yesterday, or what. But it was not pretty. I had to walk back to the house. (Luckily, I still had buckets of sweat dripping off me, despite not making it through my entire workout). Rehydrated with a bottle of coconut water, had my scrambled egg rollup and continued on to start my little Monday.
Fast forward.

12:00 PM - Lunch date with Erin. We tried to go to this new restaurant, bartaco that tt and I had just discovered as a new restaurant in West Hartford Center, but alas, it was not open for lunch. We had to make a quick decision, not knowing that this decision would change the course for the rest of the day. Across the street stands Ichiro, a sushi place I have steered clear of for a few years. Not the greatest sushi, but never the worst, other than leaving the restaurant reeking, and the occasional "fishy" roll. Figuring that it's still open, it can't be all that bad still.

12:20 PM - Lunch is served. I ordered the lunch roll special, two rolls for $9.00 - Tuna Avocado and Peanut Avocado (my newest obsesh), both with brown rice. Honestly, they tasted fine. Not the greatest rolls I have ever had, but not the worst. (Of course Erin being the sushi snob that she is, reminded me that it can't even compare to Noble). She had spicy tuna and a yellowtail avocado, both of which she picked through because the taste was a little...off.

12:45 PM - Return to the office after lunch.

1:05 PM - I think I have food poisoning. For reals.

So as you can imagine, I took my olive patent leather sling-back platform stilettos, and marched myself right out of that office... and I worked from home for the remainder of the afternoon. AND, I don't think the anticipated lemon caper salmon will be happening tonight. Nor, will I be completing the 2nd round of my workouts. Tomorrow will be double or nothing. I swear.

I will, however, share a recipe that may be life changing for me that I stumbled across on Friday. I don't know if you know this about me, but I am mildly obsessed with hungry girl. I get her newsletter daily, and was intrigued by a recipe that she shared.

Recipe of the day:
Bake-Tastic Butternut Squash Fries 2.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment