Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Are you motivated by watching Olympic athletes?

I don't particularly care about the Olympics, which I think makes me a bad American. I have been watching this year, because tt watches them which makes him a good American. (side note: if a bad American dates a good American, does it cancel out the badness? Hmm). Anyway. I find myself going back and forth when it comes to the motivation factor. I have clearly been trying to become a healthier version of me...and this includes working out (which on another sidenote, I think I have to kick up a notch) - so one would think that I would be super motivated by watching these amazing athletes competing to be the best at their sport. But it really doesn't.

Now don't get me wrong, I 100% appreciate what they are doing. They are the most talented athletes in the world. And as I watch them compete, I am amazed at how fast/strong/in sync/etc they truly are. But that doesn't inspire me to go out and strive to be an Olympian. Maybe it makes me wish I was as in shape as them..but really, the wish is as far as it goes (as I sit here on my couch, in sweatpants, munching on a handful of dark chocolate covered almonds. Self proclaimed "lazy by nature" - I wasn't lying).

Are you motivated by watching Olympic athletes? Why or why not?

Recipe of the day:
Lemon Caper Dijon Salmon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I'm motivated to marry an olympian ;-) Otherwise not so much, but I'm a good American and L-O-V-E the Olympics!

    xo stan

    ReplyDelete