Sunday, November 24, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside

Remember like last week when it was 60+ degrees out on that fluke New England autumn day? And then remember when it turned into winter overnight?! It is absolutely freezing out today - I don't know how any of you goons are at the football games! Nutjobs. {I say this with nothing but love for those nutjobs!} The only, and I mean ONLY good news that is coming out of this cold weather is that I'm on my way to the holiday spirit!

Today was a day to stay in. To cozy up in fleecy leggings, wrap yourself in a blanket, and sit on the couch and do nothing. And while I did have the opportunity to do just that for the 2nd half of my day {and I am 100% wearing my fleecy leggings, wrapped in a blanket on the couch with my laptop atop my lap and a mug of warm apple cider next to me}, I also had a lot of Sunday things to accomplish, including folding laundry, running errands, and chasing poor Cecelia around the house with a pair of reindeer antlers and my iPhone; but more importantly, my favorite Sunday thing: cooking! 



The mister has been after me to make beef stew. I'm not sure how he got it into his head, but I will tell you, I really wasn't feeling it. Whenever I think about beef stew, all I can focus on are the stories my mother has told me about when I was a kid. I think every kid has that one food item that they eat day-in and day-out. For a period of time, all I would eat was Dinty Moore beef stew. My sister at least ate Velveeta Mac+Cheese, but no, not me. Dinty Moore it had to be. So I'm thinking that thought alone is why I'm not into the whole beef stew thing. Thankfully, tt was interested in a compromise {what a good guy.. or a guy that knows what's good for him..either way} we agreed upon a pot roast, which did the trick, and the thing came out a-mazing.

Thankfully. This year, I have so much to be so truly thankful for. Everything, really. When all is said and done, I have a wonderful life. I have an amazing fiance that treats me like the princess I think I am-he is so supportive and lets me be me and I love that about him. I have the best friends and family that a girl could ask for-they lift me up, but keep me grounded. I have a career that I love and at 31 years old, I am more successful than I give myself credit for. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and an abundance of shoes for my feet. And for all of this, I am thankful.

As we head into Thanksgiving this week, and kick start the most wonderful time of the year, what are YOU thankful for?!



Recipe of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment