Saturday, December 14, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. Keeping all the families of the fallen angels of Sandy Hook Elementary School in my thoughts and prayers today. 12/14/12


So, I have been struggling lately with the Christmas spirit. Everyone is mad at me because I'm not getting a tree, I haven't decorated and I have barely bought a gift. Actually, I haven't even bought any gifts... my sister took care of my parents for us, and my favorite little intern took care of my sister's gift for me. I just can't seem to get myself going. I couldn't even bring myself to shop for wrapping paper, which, if you know anything about me and my family, is one of my FAVORITE parts of this holiday season. {don't worry, I forced my way through it yesterday} But, usually I'm decorated, shopped, wrapped et al by the time Christmas is 2 weeks away. 

My sisterfriend has been done and wrapped for a while and if I'm going to beat her, I have to up my game this year. She's got peanuts, sparkley silver things, and all sorts of fanciness. But...... I might just win. 


I might only have one present to wrap, but darn it, it is wrapped beautifully! I pulled out my little white tree from the basement, set it all up, put my beautiful Tiffany ornament on it, and voila ~ automatic Christmas Spirit. And now, with the beautiful snow outside, cozied up inside for the day/night, I am..

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime

recipe of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment