Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Motivation needed.... NOW

I am having a tough go of it these days.... from a motivation perspective, that is. Diet is all over the place, can't find the time/energy to exercise, and the days are only passing me by. EmcP and I have been gramma walking in the AMs, and while that is a great start- it ain't gonna get me to skinny in my stilettos. 

I found this, that I made about a year ago, and realized that I have let the last year get away from me. And it's horrifying. I had made such progress. Such focus. Such SKINNY! 


Not ok. Not not NOT ok. I need to get that motivation back- 2014 is going to be such a big year and I need to go into it looking and feeling my best ever. I'm toying with options at this point. Gym membership, Weight Watchers, a personal trainer. TT and I have established we don't do a great job of motivating each other. 

What do you do to keep yourself motivated when it gets hard?! Help!!

I stumbled across a little article on fitsugar.com that was titled: How to burn more Calories.. whaaaat?!  Here's how:
  1. Do a few extra sets: One minute of push-ups burns eight calories and one minute of crunches also burns eight calories. Complete three extra sets of each and that's 48 extra calories burned.
  2. Do five extra minutes of cardio: You'll burn an extra 56 calories on the elliptical, 52 calories on the bike, 34 calories in your cardio class, 49 calories on the treadmill, and 30 calories in the pool when you hang on for an extra five minutes.
  3. Pick up your pace: When running for 30 minutes, you can burn 216 calories moving at 5 mph (12 minutes per mile) or you can increase your speed slightly to 6 mph (10 minutes per mile) and burn 270 calories. That's quite a difference that really adds up over time.
  4. Pump up the incline: You know that you'll burn 270 calories after 30 minutes while running at a pace of 10 minutes per mile, but if you pump up the incline to five percent, you'll burn 363 calories!
  5. Crawl in the pool: Doing freestyle for 30 minutes burns 297 calories, while the breaststroke burns slightly less at 270.
  6. Get your yoga on: After a 60-minute Pilates class, you'll have burned 144 calories. Go for a more vigorous yoga class instead and you'll burn 269 calories.
*All calculations are based on a 130-pound woman.
Maybe I can try to work these into my life... but the motivation has got to sink in first.
Leave me some love in the comments and help me get the motivation back! xoxo



Recipe of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment