Sunday, April 28, 2013

Friendship. What does it mean to you?

“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.” --Carrie Bradshaw

I had a weekend full of friends. My friends, Tom's friends, our friends. Old friends, best friends, long-lost friends. I haven't had a weekend like this in a long, long time. It made me truly appreciate the relationships I have in my life... with my friends (who are all so amazing in their own way) and with tt (he was right along there with me the whole time, which if you know anything about me and past relationships, is super important to me).
  1. Friday Night: had a little happy hour beverage with my bestie which led to an impromptu double date with the boys. We had apps and sushi, sake bombs, and lots and lots of drinks. Me and my bestie got to act up a little, the boys tried to keep us in line... but all in all, it really ended up being a fantastic night. 
  2. Saturday Night: a reunion with a LONG lost friend. (we realized it has been.... eight years since we last saw each other?!!!). After a little direction disaster.. aka I got horrifically lost.. I finally made my way to Milford and we had a fab little dinner. - if you are a CT person, go to Stonebridge in Milford, CT. It's on the water and delightful. Unfortunately they were PACKED and so our reservation was for a booth in the bar, not along the windows, but that didn't matter, it was a great spot. We chatted, had a few 'tinis, and a fantabulous dessert. Def need to make this a reoccurring thing- more frequent than eight years in the making!
  3. Sunday Night: ended up going over to tt's friends house for a little cookout after the boys went golfing. Haven't seen these guys in a while and it was super fun (with delish steaks!) Even though I have a lot to do tonight and need to leave super early in the AM to go to Boston, I'm glad I met up because it was a nice little evening. 

What does friendship mean to you? To me, it means just that- exciting, challenging, and significant. It's about finding people to love you for all that means...the good, the bad, and the ugly. And it truly IS fabulous. I am so lucky to have such beautiful people in my life. ((and a special shout out to the Laverne to my Shirley on her engagement today !!!! So happy for you both and I love you so ))

Recipe of the Day:
-------------------------------------------------------
Laugh much, cook often, and always wear stilettos
xoXO ~ Coleen
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment