Friday, April 5, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things {March 2013 Edition}

It's that time again!! Time for my favorite things, which I know you have been just been on the edge of your seat waiting for. Wait no longer. Here we go.

March:
  1. Rockaholic "Dirty Secret" dry shampoo by TIGI - If you know anything about me, you know that I hate washing my hair. This is my dirty secret. I tried the Tresseme brand when it first came out and hated it. I thought I was destined for greasy hair if I wanted to not wash it daily. Then I stumbled across this. The bright lime green top is what actually caught my attention. I bought it and fell in love. This stuff is the cat's meow. (Literally as I am writing this, I am sitting here with 3rd day hair) I highly recommend it. The difference between this and the Tresseme one is that this doesn't make your hair hard, and there isn't as much white residue left. Fantastic. 
  2. Loreal Sublime Bronze tinted tanning lotion - This isn't a new thing for March, but now that it's getting to be springtime, it's time to start showing some skin. I'm entirely too pasty on a normal day, but right after the winter? Forget it. I need some color, and this is just the product. Honestly, you mix it like half and half in your hand with regular lotion, and it goes on practically streak free. Love it! 
  3. Couch to 5k program - This also isn't 100% new for March.. well it was in March of 2012 when I thought maybe I'd start running and then gave up. Now that I have an actual 5k on the calendar (June 8th - woo!) I need to get my little toosh in gear. This is the perfect program for a beginner, and really will get you prepared. It's a 9 week program that slowly ramps you up, even if you are starting from literally the couch (like I have been!) I'm finishing up week 2 and feeling really confident about June!
Of all time:
  1. Ok I am seriously going to blow your mind in a second. I am going to share a beauty secret with you, only because I heart you lovelies so much. Brace yourselves. So, one of my fave things to do, obvs, is happy hour. One of my least fave things to do is to lug my makeup back and forth to work (and who likes to reapply makeup anyway?!). I keep a black and a white eyeliner in my wallet, and always have Evian Facial Spray in my bag. This refreshing, mist of mineral water 100% freshens you up in just a spritz. Literally, you mist it on, dab with a tissue if there is anything leftover, and look at what it does to your face. (Example: when we were in Orlando for work, we had a banquet one of the nights after training all day. They literally gave us like an hour in between so there was limited time to freshen up for the night's events. I used the Evian spray, and reapplied my eyeliner, and walked out of my room. One of my coworkers commented on how fast I was able to re-do my make up!) BONUS: Yes, I said I always have a white eyeliner on me. If you use it on your lower waterline, it brightens up your eyes like you wouldn't believe! This is a great look for daytime, of course I use the black to sexy it up at night. 
  2. Postsecret.com - I absolutely love what this guy has done. I think it is such a great initiative, such a wonderful outlet for people to share things about themselves. Every Sunday I jump on the website, and always think to myself how gutsy it is to actually send in a secret. How amazing it probably is to read your on secret on the site and say "hot damn, I feel so much better having it out there" - even if no one knows it's you. I always wonder if the people referenced in the secrets know that it's about them. I don't know if I ever could actually submit one, but I never get tired of reading them. 
  3. Isle of Luxe "Glowing Body Polish" - I got this as a gift, and judging by the scent options I am 99% positive I have unscented (even though it still has a delightfully clean, fresh smell to it). This was on recommendation from my uncle, that this stuff is the best ever. And honestly, it is. It's a salt scrub, that leaves your skin exfoliated, moisturized, and so soft. Just trust me on this one. It's worth the money.

Recipe of the Day:

-------------------------------------------------------
Laugh much, cook often, and always wear stilettos
xoXO ~ Coleen
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment