Wednesday, January 8, 2014

blood + sweat + tears can sometimes = paradise

So, I did it. All my hard work over the last 6 months has paid off. I qualified for our sales incentive trip! It has been a long road these past few years, and while I stumbled along the way, and really wondered if I would ever make it out alive, I really never gave up. This business can throw you down, and kick you repeatedly while you are there. You just have to keep pushing yourself and you eventually will see success either for the first time, or again. 

I have a new life's motto, which is perfectly fitting for this particular achievement... and it is 100% true.


So what does this actually mean? 

Well, first and foremost, it means that I'M GOING TO JAMAICA!!!!! For FREE!!!! Hollerrr.

Besides the obvious, it means that I kicked some serious @$$ {sorry Pop, I know you're reading this, don't be mad I am using such language} That being said, it did not come without a ton of hard work, dedication, and more than that, people, including myself, thinking that I couldn't. 

Being a sales person, I know that it is all about incentive. To keep us motivated, that carrot has to always be dangling, and it better be a good lookin' carrot. We have an annual sales incentive that consists of an all expense paid trip for two to an all inclusive resort. To achieve such an amazing prize, there is a quarterly contest, where three people {the three "roles" in our offices} win. They gauge it all on new business generated during the quarter, so it's set up that it's anyone's game, which I love. 

There are also parameters for each of the three disciplines to qualify for the entire year. For me, this means that I would have to show a certain average weekly production overall through the course of 52 weeks. Eek. 

I have won the 4th quarter twice- in 2009 {Costa Rica} and 2010 {Punta Cana}. It's an amazing feeling to get that call from the President of the company, letting you know that you've won. You see the #s monthly, but up until that last minute, it is really unknown. Ah, the suspense and anxiousness. It's such a sickening glory. And then, for the past 2 years, I have come up short. I missed a second bout in the Dominican and a trip to Aruba earlier this year. It breaks my heart a little. 

BUT! But, but but!! I am happy and so very proud to announce, that for 2013, I managed to make such a comeback in the 2nd half of the year, that I made up for the first half being well below what it needed to be to make said average. And that, my friends, is pretty amazing, and calls for a celebratory glass of vino. #winepoints as Stanley {my WW coach and mentor, inspiration, fellow scorpion, and besty} lovingly refers to them as. 

A quote to close with, is from my friend Pam, who also worked her tush off and qualified overall for the year. "You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them" - so true! 


No recipes today, my friends. Just ground turkey, jarred sauce, and Pinot. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment