Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fashion forward... or backward?

I have a dilemma. Well, not so much a dilemma, as a fashion crisis/question/concern. 

I own this absolutely gorgeous Marc Jacobs handbag. It is one of my most prized designer possessions. Really, it would be my all time favorite if it wasn't for those pesky Louboutins that always find their way to the top of my list. This bag is beautiful. The leather is the softest imaginable, the color of it is so unique. The perfect shade of pink, reminds me of that color I love most about a stargazer lily. The black stripe down the middle, and the gold lock accent make it just amazing. 

The scene was New York City, circa Septemeber 2008. We were in the Big Apple for Amy's Bachelorette party - Sex and the City bus tour around the city. Cupcakes at Magnolias? Check. Cosmopolitans at Scout? Check. Shopping in the city? Check check. We breezed into the MJ store like we owned the place, and really I was just there for the show of it. But then I spotted this beauty. It was on the bottom shelf, with this light shining down on it like it was sent directly from heaven for me to lay my eyes on it. 

Look at it. Just look at it. Does that not make you want to rub your face on it?!! I'm telling you- it was seriously the fastest I've ever fallen in love. $500 later, I was the proud owner of a bona fide MJ creation. Sigh. 

Since then, I have had my fair share of Coach bags and I have a Michael Kors. But nothing, not one single, solitary bag has ever come close to this one. tt and I are in saving mode, so I am trying to curb my spending habits. Spring is on it's way, and I am itching for a new bag to send this winter out like a lamb. I had a thought, that maybe I could go back to wearing this one. I pulled it out of hiding, and was reminded of just how special it really is.

Another fun tidbit- it really has been a super long time since I wore this bag. I know this, because inside, I found an empty box... A) I quit smoking like 2 years ago. B) I don't even know when they stopped selling Camel No.9's. C) Looking at the carton, you can easily tell why I smoked this particular flavor... a pink camel? Let's be real here. 

Ok back to the issue at hand. My question to the world wide web of fashionistas (and I truly hope that the true fashionista in my life reads this blog as often as I read hers..) is can I do it? Can I really bust out a 5 year old designer bag and not feel guilty about it? Not feel that I'm holding on to trends past? 

...Discuss...

and while you're discussing, enjoy a little music ala my boyfriend Billy. 


No recipe today, bebes


-------------------------------------------------------
Laugh much, cook often, and always wear stilettos
xoXO ~ Coleen
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment