Saturday, January 5, 2013

Everybody loves a little sparkle

Big news my blogger friends ~ I have decided to start my own lia sophia business! I am so super duper excited about my newest adventure. I have been thinking about this for kind of a long time... and finally broke down and decided to jump on board.

There were a few reasons for this... the #1 was the money. It's not that I need a 2nd job by any means, but right now I am hunkering down big time on saving for the future, and the fact that the earning potential is unlimited really doesn't suck. An average show is $200 in commission, so depending on how much time/effort you want to invest, it could be $800-1000/month. I figure, working for 2 hours and earning $200 on average beats working a 2nd job for $10 bucks/hour and having to work all weekend. Especially, when "working" consists of standing around talking about jewelry.

Another reason is that I know I will be good at this- I have been in sales for 7 years, and let's face it: if you know me at all, you know I love anything that sparkles... and I love to talk. I figure, I can use the skills I have learned through my career and turn it into my own little business. I'll be my own boss! I can work when I want, where I want (and have a cocktail with hostess if I want!). I am thinking that this would also help me to get a little confidence back... 2012 wasn't the best year for me at my job, and I think this will help me to mentally realize that I still got it.

Another reason is... I really think it will be fun! It will get me out of the house and involved with a new group of people. My unit leader/mentor is the Fabulous Brigitta, and I am looking forward to working with her, as well as the rest of the Dazzling Divas. My equally Fabulous friend Sahra is a part of the team as well, and it will be great to see her more than our semi-annual dinner dates. I think this will be good for me! (and will help with my public speaking, and potentially assist with some of my crazy person anxiety issues!)

So... that being said, I have decided I will do shows in the tri-state area (tri-state in my mind being CT, NY, MA) - if you or someone you know LOVES jewelry as much as I do, and want to know how you can earn up to $300 in FREE jewelry, let me know ASAP and we can chat. [[if you are outside of this area, and are interested, we can arrange a catalog show and/or something online. We can make it work!]]

 
Recipe/Idea of the day:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment