Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hey, soul sister

The last two weeks have been quite the whirlwind. Between the engagement, and going back to work after vacation, there has been little time for blogging. I really need to get better at it. And I'm sure that the wedding planning process will give me plenty to blog about {I will try my hardest not to let it overtake this page- there will also be plenty of healthy cooking and exercising over the next year...}

But in any event, plans are underway! We have visited a venue, are trying to visit two more, and hope to have a decision made by next weekend. And speaking of next weekend.... it's "Meet the Parents" time! Bubbs and I will be having a nice little cookout with both of our sets of parents who have never had the pleasure of being introduced. My ever so thoughtful fiance convinced me to not go crazy, so we're sticking with the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers, and probably a few cold salads. I was thinking steak and shrimp kebabs, but that quickly got the kibosh.. I've decided to serve Purple Lemonade as a beverage because it will be my summer favorite, and am still deciding on dessert. {But I'm thinking either Strawberry Shortcut or a nice fruit salad- we'll see} Easy peasy.

Oh, and today, I completed my very first 5k! My company sponsors a 5k for charity as the kickoff to the Travelers Championship golf tournament. When I initially signed up, I did plan to run...ultimately I walked. BUT I finished. Woo!

That's all for now, folks, but I promise there will be more regular updates.

And... I hope you like Skinny's little makeover. The other one was so dark it was depressing me. Maybe that's why I wasn't updating!!! LOLz. xx



/////////////////////////
Laugh much,

cook often,

and always 

wear stilettos
/////////////////////////



Recipe of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment