Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tis the season ~ Merry Christmas

I love Christmas. I love the holiday season - this truly is the most wonderful time of the year, and this year, in particular, was particularly wonderful.

As busy and hectic as life is, as stressful as the year can be, the month of December and those few days with family, friends, and food, just make it all melt away. I think the best part is the tradition part. How every year, you do it the same way. But then every year you add to those traditions and make new ones. It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. There's no place like home for the holidays - and home is where your heart is.

Christmas Eve at the castle is probably my favorite day of the year. I love spending time sitting around the family room with my family, eating and drinking and having a grand old time for ourselves, and I finally got to share it with tt. And in addition to that, I got to spend time with him and his family for their Christmas traditions.

It is now the day after Christmas, and the merriment has (sugar)plum tuckered me out. Not to mention I'm sick on top of it, but it was all worth it. This year was really special to me - it wasn't technically our "first Christmas," but it was the first Christmas we got to spend together, and hopefully there will be very many to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment