Saturday, November 24, 2012

Motivation.

So, I successfully made my diet and exercise schedule, minus weekends because I gave up). I tried to be somewhat creative with meals, but let's face it: if you are dieting, there isn't much creativity to be found. Below is a little smidgen of a sampling of the menu I came up with. (Rocket science, I know).


I also came up with a little workout rotation based off of the workouts I had been doing throughout the last few months...and had somewhat slacked off of. I have Workout A, Workout B, Workout C below:


Plus, I am adding +50 Jumping Jacks if/when alcohol is "allowed" to be consumed. I thought that would be an extra added bonus for a few reasons. 1. I am not in-shape enough that 50 Jumping Jacks don't seriously get my heart rate up. 2. I hate Jumping Jacks.

Again, none of this is rocket science. Nothing is particularly hard (other than sticking with it through this very diet-un-friendly time of year) but you just have to find what is motivating you at the end of the day. For most people, it's health reasons, and looking good reasons. For me, it's both as well. What really keeps me motivated, though, is looking at the reality. In 4 short months I was able to get this kind of before and after:

 
Four months, people! I can't even fathom the fact that I let myself get like that... and now, I canNOT let it happen again. I am facing the holiday season in a good place. I am up 2.5 from my lowest point, as my birthday celebrations really got the best of me... but I am going into the holidays -14.5 overall. I guess that's not too shabby. (Not to mention, I have been horrendously sick this week so I barely even enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner!! Life fail/Diet score!).
 
If I can do it, you can do it.
 
So tell me, what motivates you?!
 
 
Recipe of the day:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. i love the idea of working for your booze. not as a punishment, but a reason to pause and consider if its worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brooke- thanks for reading! Working for it makes it so much more enjoyable, doesn't it?

      Delete